Communicate effectively through exhibitions
In a world where instant messaging, teleconferencing, Skype and email have taken over as the tools of communication, based on our extensive experience, we can surely say that face-to-face meetings and events bring businesses the highest return on investment of any marketing channel. One of the most effective ways to communicate with customers, both potential and existing, is through exhibitions.
Exhibitions can give to your business a platform where thousands of customers can purchase your products, engage with your services or simply have the opportunity to interact with the brands on a one-to-one basis. You can sell product, answer questions, overcome objections, close sales, acquire leads, demonstrate products, conduct market research, build the brands and generate publicity.
Below that a few important moments to consider when communicating at the exhibition:
- Get people to talk about themselves first, so you know how to frame what you say about your business to suit them
- Always have business cards
- Be memorable for the right reasons
- Listen to others, and show you're listening
- Follow up with personalised emails where appropriate - but do not spam.
- Don’t switch off because you can't sell to the person you are talking to - they'll have a network of contacts and clients who may be useful
- Do not be scared if you happen to end up sitting next to a competitor. Talk about your differences - maybe there is a business relationship to be developed.
- Use case studies and refer to real customers. Give context to your work. It makes it much more memorable.
- Try not to read off a sheet. Have confidence in your business - no one knows it better than you do.
If you and your team is well prepared well in advance before the fair it is 90% of success. If you are not sure how to do it properly, contact IKON International team and we will be happy to assist.